Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Spinach and Artichoke Dip

I just had ankle surgery.  Again.  So I have to stay off my feet for a while.  Since I can't cook I thought I'd share a recipe my daughter made the other day.  It's a tried and true favorite of mine.  I got the recipe in college from a friend of a friend who worked in a restaurant.  I've tinkered with it over the years and this version is pretty perfect.  With the holidays approaching, you'll want this recipe.  Trust me.  Every time I bring this to a party, there's nothing left.  People devour it!  Here's how it's done:

SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE DIP

1 (10 oz) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed
2 small (6 oz) jars marinated artichoke hearts
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup mayo
1 1/2 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese, softened
2 TBS lemon juice
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese

Drain the thawed spinach well.  I put it in a clean dish towel and squeeze it dry.  Drain and chop the artichoke hearts.  Combine the spinach and artichokes with the remaining ingredients.  Spoon into a lightly greased baking dish.  Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.  Serve warm with crackers or tortilla chips.





Easy and so delicious!  A great recipe to have on hand.  Perfect for parties or just snacking in front of the T.V.  And if you're lucky enough to have someone to make it for you like I did, well that's all the better!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment