Sunday, August 16, 2015

Triple Chocolate Fudge Cake

I'm a sucker for chocolate.  Dark chocolate bars are my favorite!  But, I also like chocolate ice cream, chocolate pie, chocolate mousse, chocolate milk, chocolate pudding...you get the idea.  So, when I saw this recipe in my new thrift store find, a vintage Betty Crocker cookbook, I knew I had to make it asap.  I wasn't disappointed.



TRIPLE CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE

1 (4 serving size) box Cook and Serve chocolate pudding mix (not instant!)
Plus the milk it calls for on the pudding mix package
1 box Devil's Food cake mix
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Grease the bottom only of a 9x13 baking dish.

In a large saucepan, cook the chocolate pudding as directed on the package.  (You just mix it with milk and bring it to a boil while stirring).




In a large bowl (or bowl of a stand mixer), pour hot pudding into dry cake mix.




Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.




Pour into prepared baking dish and spread it evenly with a spatula (it will be a little bit thick).  Sprinkle chocolate chips over the batter.




Bake 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.  Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream (it's pretty good plain, too).




Store leftovers at room temperature in an airtight container.  You can microwave it to reheat it when you want to serve it again (and you will want more the next day, trust me).

This is kind of a mix between a cake and a brownie.  It's moist and fudgy and cakey.  The cook and serve pudding really gives it a unique taste and texture.  It's not overly sweet, either, which I like,  If you like it very sweet, you can dust it with powdered sugar.  But, I love it plain with a big glass of milk.  The family loved it, too.  Many thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment