Friday, July 1, 2016

No Bake Peanut Butter Cereal Cookies

It's July 1st.  My son just said to me, "Mom, the year is half way over already".  I had to stop and think (oh wow it really is!).  Man, that went fast!  The cliche is so true, time really does fly.  That's why we should savor every minute we get because before you know it our kids are grown and we're old and gray (I'm closer to that than I'd like to admit).  My son will be a senior in high school this year.  A senior!  I feel like he's still my baby boy but nope.  I still like to take care of him, though.  He really likes these no bake cookies.  My Aunt Sue made some and he couldn't stop eating them!  So, I had to make him some more (I had to).





NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER CEREAL COOKIES

1 cup sugar
1 cup white corn syrup
1 cup peanut butter (I like creamy but you could use crunchy)
6 cups corn flakes (I used Honey Bunches of Oats)

In a small pot, heat corn syrup and sugar over medium-high heat until it comes to a boil.  



Remove from the heat.  Add the peanut butter and stir well.



Measure the 6 cups of cereal into a large bowl.


Pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereal and stir well.  It will get thick and be kind of hard to stir but make sure it's well incorporated.



Form into balls and place on wax paper (or a silicone mat).  I used an ice cream scoop to keep them uniform in size, but you can just use your hands and roll into balls.  You can make them as big or as small as you want.






These are really yummy and like I said, my son loves them!  Even though they're sweet, they also have peanut butter and cereal so they're better for him than a lot of other snacks!  My hubby liked them, too.  You can substitute any cereal you like, Rice Chex, Cheerios, Corn Flakes, Wheaties, etc.  Give these a try and see if you're bunch loves them as much as mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment