Sunday, January 1, 2017

Roasted Cabbage

Happy New Year!  I hope this year treats you well.  To ensure health and wealth for my family every year, I cook black eyed peas and cabbage on New Year's Day.  It's a Louisiana tradition.

I'm not the biggest fan of smothered cabbage, so I like to roast it.  It's quick, easy and really tasty.  Keep this recipe in mind because it makes a great side dish any time of year.

ROASTED CABBAGE

1 head of cabbage
Oil (vegetable or canola)
Salt/pepper
Onion powder
Garlic powder

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Remove the outer layer of cabbage leaves.  Rinse the head of cabbage and dry it with a paper towel.  Cut it in half, then cut each half in quarters (giving you 8 wedges).  I only needed 4 wedges.  Just cut as many as you need, wrap leftover cabbage in plastic wrap and keep in the fridge.



Line a baking sheet with foil.  Drizzle a little oil on the foil.  Place cabbage wedges onto foil lined baking sheet.  Drizzle each wedge with some oil then season with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder.



Bake for 20 minutes.



This is such an easy recipe.  The cabbage comes out tender and slightly sweet with crunchy ends that are just delicious.  If you think you don't like cabbage, try it this way.  It just might change your mind.  I even got my Pickiest Eater Ever Son to try it and he said, and I quote, "Hmm not bad".  High praise from him.  Wishing you health and wealth in 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment