Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Warm Bruschetta Chicken

Hi everyone.  Holy Cannoli, have we been busy! The renovations continue.  I'm serious,  They are still not finished.  It's been 3 months.  Plus, my son graduated from high school!  My baby boy.  Don't ask me how he grew up so fast; I can't figure it out.  All the workers and the hammering and the dust (oh so much dust) and the cleaning one day only to be dirty again the next, I would have completely lost my mind had it not been for a much-needed vacation.  The day after my son's graduation we headed off to the beach for a few days then on to Disney World.  It was so much fun!  We got to relax and laugh and enjoy time together.  We also ate at some pretty great restaurants.  But, I did miss cooking.  It's my therapy.  It soothes my soul.  So, I got back at it.  Here is an easy recipe that was down right delicious!


WARM BRUSCHETTA CHICKEN

6 chicken cutlets (breasts cut in half lengthwise yielding 2 thinner cutlets)
salt/pepper
2 TBS olive oil
1 TBS butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
14.5 oz can Italian style diced tomatoes
2 TBS balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 TBS chopped fresh basil (about 3 big leaves, chopped)

Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.


In a large skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium-high heat.


Cook the chicken cutlets, 3 at a time (don't over crowd the skillet or the chicken won't brown properly), for 5-6 minutes per side or until no longer pink inside.



Remove to a plate and cover loosely with foil.



Once all the chicken is cooked, turn the heat down to medium-low and add the minced garlic.  Saute the garlic for 2 minutes, stirring the whole time (so the garlic doesn't burn).



Add the diced tomatoes and use a spoon to scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the pan.  Those brown bits impart amazing flavor to your sauce.



Add the balsamic vinegar and Parmesan cheese then season to taste with salt and pepper.  Raise the heat to bring it up to a boil, then lower the heat and let simmer for 5-10 minutes or until slightly thickened.


Finally, add the chopped fresh basil and stir.



Serve the chicken with the sauce spooned over the top.


This was a big hit with my family.  They loved the tender, slightly buttery chicken with the tangy warm bruschetta sauce on top.  It's great over pasta, too.

This is a quick and easy recipe.  Give it a try and let me know if you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment