Sunday, November 8, 2020

Apple Cinnamon Cobbler

Fall is sort of here in south Louisiana.  It's still humid outside but not quite as humid.  So that's our Fall.  I decided that I needed a Fall-ish dessert.  Yes, I said needed.  Don't judge me.  So anyway, I made my Mama's cobbler recipe but instead of the regular fruit I used apple pie filling.  It came out great!  Like an apple pie but less work!  My kind of dessert.  A scoop of vanilla ice cream on top might even be necessary. Just saying.



Here's what I did:


APPLE CINNAMON COBBLER

1 stick unsalted butter (real butter is best!)

1 cup self-rising flour

1 cup sugar

1 cup milk

1/2 tsp vanilla

1 can apple pie filling

Cinnamon Sugar:

1/2 TBS sugar

1/2 tsp cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  

Place the stick of butter in a cast iron skillet.  If you don't have one, go buy one.  Just kidding.  But not really.  Everyone should have one.  If you don't, you can use a 9 inch square baking dish.  So, put the butter in the skillet and place it in the oven so that the butter can melt.


Meanwhile, mix the flour, sugar, milk & vanilla in a large mixing bowl.  Don't over mix it!  Stir just until the lumps are gone.  If you over mix it, the cobbler will be tough.



When the butter is melted, take the skillet out of the oven and pour the batter in.



Then, evenly spoon the apple pie filling over the batter.  



Mix the 1/2 TBS sugar with the 1/2 tsp cinnamon.  Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar evenly over the top.



Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.  



Let it cool for a while before cutting.  It needs to set or it will just run all over the place.  I let it sit at least 15 minutes.  The smell is divine.  You're gonna want to cut it immediately.   It's tough, but you gotta wait.



This cobbler is so yummy.  Like I said before it tastes like an apple pie but as you can see it's super easy to make!



 

I like to serve it warm with a scoop of Blue Bell Homemade vanilla ice cream. Wow!  It's Fall in a bowl.  

Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.  You can eat the leftovers cold or warm it up in the microwave.  Either way, yummy.  Give this one a try.  You won't regret it.






No comments:

Post a Comment